Are all mods available for free?
Yes, all the mods available on F-Mods are free to download.
What do you provide?
The packages available on F-Mods are not a 'ready to use' .TAR.GZ. We provide the sources of the mods using a patch file (or .diff) that can be used by to apply the mod on Sync 3 files and if possible a shell script to install it from a QNX VM. This avoids any Copyright issues with Ford Motor Company.
Does your Sync 3 mods survive a factory reset and a software update?
Our mods will survive in case of a factory reset and hard reset. You will lose the mods in case you update the Sync 3 OS Build (all other packages (maps, voices, navigation voices, logo, gracenotes) can be updated without any problem) but we developed a specific mod that allow the user to preserve the script that allow mods installation. So, to make it short, yes you will lose the mods, but you will be able to reinstall them directly from USB. If you reformat the APIM using the reformatter you will lose anything, and you will need to use the eMMC reader again.
How can I install the packages available on F-Mods?
All mods can be installed directly from USB, but before being able to do that you have to use an eMMC reader one time (this require physical access to your APIM (eg. you have to remove the APIM from your car), to transfer a script, which will be the one that allow USB Installations.
Additionally, any F-Mods package require the Mods Tools package installed on your Sync 3 (you can install it from USB once you did the eMMC thing).
The folder where you have to copy the mod must be called SyncMyMod (yeah, that's a SyncMyRide rip off lol) and it must contain an .sh script named autoinstall.sh which will be the executed file.
- If you don't want to remove the APIM from your car you can contact one of our authorized dealers across the world that can do the installation for you. We have the following installations methods:
- Through the eMMC reader (the installer will request you to send the APIM to them, if you are close to his location, he will remove the APIM from your car and install the mod using the eMMC reader, then you will be able to install future mods directly from USB).
- Through the temporary unlocking of your APIM (the dealer will jailbreak the unit, will install the package, and then will remove the jailbreak). This doesn't require any physical access to your APIM, not even a single time. Everything will be done through the USB port of your car. Currently, only members of the A-TEAM group will be able to install mods directly from USB.
The dealer's option is not free. If you want to ship your APIM you will have to pay the shipping cost, AND, if requested by the dealer, the labour fee (price is completely under the dealer discretion).
Why you are not using the "custom certificate" method to allow installation of custom mods?
We chose to not use that method for several reasons, but mainly because if Ford remove the second certificate from the system, everyone will be fucked.
What does 'authorized dealer' mean?
An authorized dealer is a person sponsored by F-Mods with a high degree of knowledge working with Ford vehicles whom you can contact to get the packages installed. Most of the dealers will be able to help you with ANYTHING related your car, such as module upgrades / updates, asbuilt modifications, custom calibrations, features activations etc.
Am I forced to contact one of the 'authorized dealer' to install mods?
No, since all mods are FREE TO DOWNLOAD, anyone can download mods and help other users install them.
I developed a mod and i want to share it with the community, what should i do?
Where I can see the authorized dealers?
Click here to see the list.
Are you or your dealers associated with Ford?
NO! We are not associated with Ford and never will be. We are just a passionate group of people that love Ford cars and their potential. Beware that if your car is still under warranty customizing your Sync 3 (or any other module) may void part of or the entire warranty of your vehicle.
Can i install the mods to my friends / customers?
Yes you can. Mods are free, so you can download and do anything you want, but we have 2 rules:
1) NEVER ask money for the mod. You can get paid for the installation, but you cannot sell the mods. If we find someone that will do that, we will insert his name / website in a public blacklist. We will do ALL POSSIBLE THINGS to stop POS earn money with other peoples work.
2) ALWAYS give credits to F-Mods (if the developer is the A-TEAM) or to the author of the mod which is written in the mod page.
Will you release the Jailbreak?
Who knows, time will tell.